12 August 2012

Idaho!


Irv, lookin' like a poor cousin compared to all the fancy rigs.  We'd better not stay long in case he starts to get a complex...

Sunday:  Today we drove from Belgrade, MT to Coeur d’Alene, ID.  It was maybe 6 hours of driving if you don’t include a couple of stops…not bad for one day.  I saw a bald eagle and a couple of osprey.  Steve called on the radio to point out a herd of pronghorn antelope.  Someone riding on the back seat of a passing motorcycle snapped a picture of the back of our truck with the bike in the back – that made me laugh. 
Neither of us had ever been to Idaho before, so it was kind of fun to see a new state (and that’s why were camping in Idaho tonight instead of Washington!).  Even through we’re only in Idaho for a short distance, it’s very pretty and our campground is right on the lake (though you can't tell that from the picture above).   

Today makes 10 days since we left Charleston, and every day but two we’ve done some driving.  I’m very happy we haven’t had any more road trouble, and I don’t regret pushing our timeline up, though I do wish we had more time overall to see people.  I’m getting sick of driving, and I can tell that we haven’t been to the gym in 2 weeks – ugh – I could use a good workout!  Since there’s a lot of time in the car, and Steve and I are in different vehicles, and there’s huge stretches of the drive without good radio reception, I have a lot of time to think.  I’m looking forward to getting on the ferry on Saturday and letting someone else ‘drive’.  I’m excited to get to Alaska, but also keep thinking about all the things we’ll have to do…I have a long mental list started. 

Tomorrow we'll try to get to the outskirts of Seattle!

No comments:

Post a Comment