24 April 2012

It's official - we're moving to Alaska!

This August we are loading what remains of our worldly possessions (hopefully greatly reduced after a yard sale this weekend) and driving to Bellingham, Washington to board a ferry to Juneau, Alaska.  I'll be starting a PhD in fisheries for the fall 2012 session.

I once swore I'd never go back to school again.  Then I went back for a Masters.  Then, I swore again that I'd never, ever go back.  I. Was. Done.  Then the perfect project in the perfect location with the perfect advisor came along, and it was fate, or karma, or time to push aside my fears (it's scary, what if I'm not smart enough or persistent enough, what if I finish and I can't find a job, etc) and GO FOR IT.  Lesson learned: I need to stop swearing.  

Whoa.  It suddenly feels very, very real.

No comments:

Post a Comment