30 October 2011

playing with my new camera toys

I took my new tripod downtown last night to try some longer-exposure photos.  We didn't have a plan; it was a nice night for a walk so we wandered the streets looking for fountains or other pretty things.  I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to taking pictures in the dark, and I was still getting the hang of the tripod attachments and adjustments, but it was fun.  The picture above is one of the better ones, and the last one of the night (maybe I did learn something).  The good, the bad, and the ugly are all presented.

I didn't see the leaf in the foreground (the blurry spot in the lower right) when I was shooting this fountain through a wrought iron fence.  Definitely a 'whoops'.

This one is ok, a bit overexposed on the top tier below the spire.

This one is crooked.  I felt like a spy in a James Bond movie taking it though...you know, like I was doing some secret reconnaissance.  Or not-so-secret since I was in plain sight in the street, but whatever.

This one is definitely overexposed.  Oh well, live and learn.


No comments:

Post a Comment