10 July 2011

Tubing and Charles Town Landing



I decided I didn't want to go tubing today because I didn't think it would be much fun if I can't talk, but Steve still really wanted to go.  So he went on the tubing trip (and reports back that he had fun!) and I went to Charles Town Landing.  We both left the house at about the same, for me it was a futile attempt to get out to the park and back before it got too hot for the day.  It didn't work.  It wasn't so warm, temperature-wise, today but it was really humid.  I was totally sweaty and gross by the time I got home.

Charles Town Landing is one of my favorite places, even though we've only been there once before.  It's only about a mile from our house and its cheap - $7.50 - to get in.  Once inside though, it's big, with great views across the march to downtown, a small zoo of local animals, an old-ish plantation house, a replica colonial tallship that you can explore, lots of walking trails, ponds (with alligators) and a nice museum about local history.  Even with the cute little zoo, I had more fun looking for animals that were native and not part of the zoo - like these birds, this skink, and these really cool garden spiders:



No comments:

Post a Comment