30 June 2014

Comps - almost done, worst yet to come?

Mt. McGinnis from the Mendenhall campground
So today is day 3 of my comprehensive exams.  I am done for the day, I think...though I'm a bit trigger-shy and am having a hard time hitting 'send'.  All three days have been challenging, some more so than others.  I'm pretty sure tomorrow is going to be the hardest of all of them, by far (it's my primary advisor's day to ask the questions on a topic I'm least experienced in overall). 

My day 2 questions were really hard, and I don't know how I did on them.  I turned those in after 13 hours, far short of the 24 hours allotted, but by 13 hours, my brain was shot and nothing else useful was coming out.  But the downside to having Saturday and Sunday off was that I just kept thinking about the questions!  Grrrr.

Beaver pond at the Mendenhall campground
I had Saturday and Sunday off from questions, so Steve and Steve and I spent some time outside. We've had really moody weather - clouds, sun, rain - all mixed together sometimes.  

Seca did a lot of swimming in ice cold water, and was so darn happy.  She ran and ran and ran all over the place on our walk (so unusual for her these days) then once we we back home she crashed out on her bed for the rest of the day, totally exhausted.  She just really loves to swim.  :)

 We didn't see any bears on our walks, but did see one porcupine, some tiny fish, and lots of flowers.

Mt. McGinnis from the bear viewing platforms near the glacier.  Soon there will be salmon in the creek and bears to watch.

1 comment: