03 March 2013

The eagle has landed



Another beautiful day, another walk at the beach.  Today I managed to not fall and hurt myself though.  We drove up to Amalga Harbor since it was low tide and that’s a fun place to poke around when the tide’s out.  The clouds didn’t burn off completely until later in the morning, but that’s ok.  It was cold out though – maybe in the low-mid 30s.  I caught myself wishing for warmer weather to go with the sun.  
While we were wandering around (and wishing we had our kayaks) we saw a bald eagle wade into the water.  It was so strange to see.  It went in pretty far – it looked like it was floating but I don’t think it actually was.   Then it dunked its head under and came up eating something, maybe clams or mussels though I couldn’t tell for sure.  I think this must be a lean time of year for the eagles since there’s no salmon running.  I’ve noticed a lot more around in the past month or so, compared to November-January.  



No comments:

Post a Comment