24 June 2012

I like my coffee on the dark side

We've been on the prowl for some smaller, lighter dishes to use in the RV.  Our dishes are great and we plan to keep them in the long term but they're too heavy and bulky for Irv.  We're a little afraid that if we put them all in the RV cabinets the cabinets will come crashing down off the wall!  Every time we pass a Goodwill, we stop, hoping to find something that will work...ideally something small and light, that doesn't have a totally ugly pattern.  We've found lots of 'small and light' but most have been pretty hard on the eyes (not that I'm opposed to having fun dishes....). 

Finally - Success!  For $4, a set of seven off white, plain Corelle plates and five small bowls.  Perfect.  When I stacked the seven new plates next to seven of the old plates, the difference is HUGE!

We also found this totally awesome mug for Steve's coffee.  It's coming to Alaska with us.  As Steve said, "It's perfect.  I like my coffee a little on the dark side.".  What can I say, he's a funny guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment