11 June 2011

Cheddar jalapeno bread

When I found this recipe online, I mistakenly thought it was a recipe for a quick bread.  I probably wouldn't have made it if I had read the instructions, but since I didn't and I had already gone out to get cheese and jalapenos, I figured I had better suck it up and make it.  In the end, it was very easy to make and absolutely worth it.  Actually, there aren't enough superlative words in the English language to adequately describe how this smells while baking or how it tastes.  It's superduperdeliciouslyallIeverwanttoeatfortherestofmylife good. This bread might also work really well in muffin/bun form, which I may try next time (because there WILL be a next time).  The biggest hurdle for making this is allowing for the time to rise.  You can't decide you want it for dinner at 6 and it's already 4 pm.  But, the best things in life take time, right?


I didn't wear gloves chopping the jalapenos, and I usually regret it later...'round about the time I try to take my contacts out.  And another note: our oven is 50 degrees off!  50 degrees!  How is this even possible?  If you don't own an oven thermometer, go buy one today.  Seriously, why risk ruining such cheesy jalapeno perfection? 

1 comment: