13 January 2012

Shriveled eyeballs


Steve and I are in Arizona visiting Dad and Barb this week.  Seca is at home with a dog-sitter, probably thinking we've abandoned her forever.

Our first order of business for the trip was to load the RV and head to the desert.  My one goal was to spend a sunset and sunrise in the desert (and hoped to get some pictures).  It was really cloudy though, so I didn't get the fantastic sunset behind a cactus like I had in my mind.  Oh well.  It was still gorgeous and smelled amazing. 

One thing we're having a hard time adjusting to is the complete lack of humidity.  I feel like my eyeballs are shriveling up in the sockets.  I carry lotion everywhere I go and my hands are still dry.  I think I drank four glasses of water with dinner last night and it still wasn't enough.  I guess you don't realize how humid Charleston is until you go to the desert.

I'm going to post more about all thing things we're seeing in a couple of days since I want to enjoy the company while I can.  Some things to look forward to...Saguaro National Park, San Xavier Mission, Montezuma Castle, Sedona, the Grand Canyon, and more.  I'll post-date them to the correct dates when I put them up.  Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment