30 April 2011

Cookies and a pedicure

This past week was long and exhausting at work, and I didn't even have to travel...I coordinated my first (ever) data workshop for my first full stock assessment.  To celebrate a successful workshop and the return of nice weather - I got a pedicure today!  In a couple of weeks I have to go to another data workshop in St. Croix, US Virgin Islands.  It's going to be a hardship to travel somewhere so tropical and beautiful, but I'm sure I'll manage.  :) 

I was also in the mood to bake cookies, which is rare for me.  I dredged up an old recipe for Lemon Meltaways, a very tender frosted lemon cookie that I've tried to make in the past but hadn't had much success.  In the past the dough was too crumbly to make a cookie, although the flavor was always great.  I did a bit of searching online and found this recipe from Land O'Lakes.  The dough came together really well - not too crumbly.  I think the key was really soft, but not at all melted, butter.  Steve's not a huge fan of lemon cookies, so I won't make them often, but I will make them again.  The only downside is that these are too delicate to survive the trip to work with Steve on the motorcycle - we usually share treats with the people he works with so we don't have to keep them around the house.

3 comments:

  1. You can drop some cookies off here. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stop thinking about these cookies. They sound so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were good! I think I needed to bake them just a bit longer. The recipe says they won't brown, but I think another minute or two would have improved the texture...or maybe we needed to eat them faster. :)

    ReplyDelete