25 April 2011

Homemade pizza

I like to cook - I find it relaxing.  I like to be creative and use recipe as a guideline, not a rule.  Tonight I made pizza, something I probably make more than anything else, and because I make it so often I get lax in my 'recipe' for the dough.  I no longer measure anything, instead tossing flour, sugar, salt, and yeast into a bowl and adding water until it feels right.  Sometimes when we're in a hurry I don't let it rise long, but tonight Steve had to work late and the dough had time for two rises and a rest before baking.  The result was spectacular - chewy crust, with just enough salt.  Pizza is usually something we make with whatever's in the fridge - so tonight it was a combination of red bell pepper, onion, green olives, fresh herbs, crumbled feta and fresh mozzarella.  And it was very good.
 Dessert was equally good - sticky rice with fresh mango, drizzled with sweetened coconut cream.  It's not as visually appealing as the pizza, so you'll have to let your imagination run with it.

1 comment:

  1. It looks delicious. My crust never turns out like your crust, you are like Grandma Gedstad in the baking department. Love Mom (Julie)

    ReplyDelete