03 November 2011

Little surfers

It was a beautiful night so we loaded up the dog and went to Folly Beach for a walk.  Seca got a sand spur stuck in her paw, wedged right between her toes.  I've stepped on them before and they HURT...Those spines are really stiff and will cut you instead of breaking off (I've even had them stick in the soles of my shoes!)  I picked it out and she wasn't bleeding so we finished the walk.  She was a happy dog.


Just as we were leaving the beach these three were headed in for some surfing. I'm a bad judge of age but they were probably 8-10 years old (the one on the left was probably the youngest and closer to 8).  They were so serious - totally engrossed in their conversation about surfing.  I couldn't resist taking a quick picture.  I wasn't surprised that they were going by themselves, Folly is pretty laid back this time of year and they definitely seemed like they knew what they were doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment