22 November 2011

better than a restaurant

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  We're celebrating tonight with friends, then driving to Pennsylvania tomorrow to spend a couple of days with Steve's family.  I'm really looking forward seeing everyone, it's been more than two years since we've seen Mark and Susan and the girls! 


I wasn't going to write about the dinner I made the other night, because it was just a weeknight dinner, nothing special.  But, it turned out so good - far, far better than the same meal I've ever gotten at a restaurant, that I have to say something.  It's the orange chicken recipe from the America's Test Kitchen cookbook.  I'm obsessed with America's Test Kitchen recipes because they've always turned out great and they're easy to follow.  Some recipes are quite involved (this one was a bit of work) but they're worth it when you have time.  If you're looking for a good cookbook, any of the ones they put out are good choices.  I usually get them from the library, but I did actually buy this one.  I'm also making their sweet potato casserole recipe to bring tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Their Orange Chicken is "Da Bomb." Too bad I can't eat it any more. *sob!*

    ReplyDelete