14 August 2011

Homemade gorgonzola and roasted squash ravioli


I love any sort of squash or sweet potato ravioli.  Steve doesn't.  He thought these were just ok and said he 'wouldn't order them again'.  (haha) I thought they were awesome. The filling was roasted acorn squash, nutmeg, sage, gorgonzola cheese, and a bit of salt.  No single recipe seemed exactly right for what I wanted to make, so I combined what I thought were the best parts of several recipes into the mix of ingredients I used.  The sage and nutmeg together were great. 

I'm nut usually a fan of making food that require fussy, involved preparation, so making ravioli (or spring rolls or pot stickers) isn't something I do often.  As you can see in the picture below, our assembly technique improved as we worked...the early raviolis (on the bottom) were pretty ugly.  Steve was a huge help with the pasta machine though, he cranked the rollers and helped feed the dough while I caught it coming out and make sure it didn't stick to itself or the counter (I admit that we had to throw a few away before we figured out that part).  Once we filled enough for dinner (it was getting pretty late at this point), we stopped, cooked them in boiling water, then tossed them with a bit of butter and garlic sauce.  Yum.



2 comments: