03 February 2014

Perfect weekend for not enjoying football

Eagle beach, looking towards the Chilkat Mtns.
Steve had to work on Sunday, and they have a TV in the store that was showing the Super (Distaster) Blowout Bowl.  I, on the other hand, spent the day outside in the fabulous sunshine, hiking out at Eagle Beach and Amalga Harbor.  I think I had the better end of that deal. 

Rocky shoreline at the Shrine of St. Therese.
The fog that's been plaguing us for the past weeks has finally gone away.  I saw two (I think) of the local over-wintering humpbacks out in the channel while driving back from the hike.  I stopped to watch while sitting in the sun and soaking up some warmth. 

But, despite the sun, there's still a lot of frost and ice everywhere that there's shade or on the side of the hills that the sun never reaches this time of year.  
Ice crystals left over from the morning's high tide.


No comments:

Post a Comment