27 March 2014

Just another day walking the dog

Yesterday I took Seca for a walk to the marina across the street.  I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the piers as we walked, I was too busy looking up (at all the bald eagles sitting on the tops of the pilings, and hoping they didn't poop on me), and looking at the water, looking for seals (it's baby seal season!).  And that is how I totally missed seeing the dozen or so seals (and pups!) hauled out on the pier until they all went scrambling into the water and nearly gave me a heart attack.  And I supposed Seca and I nearly gave them heart attacks as well.  One seal pup stayed on the pier long enough for me ooogle it.  So stinkin' adorable.  Then they all hovered in the water, waiting for me to leave again.  Whooops.  I feel pretty bad about not noticing them and scaring them into the water. 

I should also note that bald eagle poop is both large and messy.  It wasn't hard to spot their favorite perches, based on the messes below them.

No comments:

Post a Comment