06 October 2013

There's ice on Mendenhall lake!

We had ice on the truck this morning!  We loaded up Seca and went for a walk at the glacier (after stopping for coffee) and there was a lot of ice on Mendenhall Lake.  Some of it will probably melt today (not the icebergs), but I'm surprised it's cold enough for ice to form.  We also saw a bear.  It was headed in a different direction from us, though. 


This picture was Steve's idea - he thought the mountains reflected in the water were cool.  I agree!

I head to Fairbanks tomorrow for the week.  Steve is holding down the fort at home.  I'm not sure if I'll have time to take any pictures, but I hope so!  I've not been to Fairbanks before.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea on the last photo Steve. Cool shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO! Ack. Well, at least you can take amazing photos of "beauty." ;)

    ReplyDelete