28 December 2012

Happy Birthday Steve!

It's been snowing since before I woke up yesterday morning, though it seemed to take a break last night for a bit.  We had wanted to go into town to celebrate Steve's birthday last night, but I couldn't get up the driveway with the car to meet him so we grilled steaks at home instead.  After dinner, Steve used the snowblower to clear the looooong driveway and I shoveled around the house.  Steve came in exhausted from battling with the big snowblower (it has tracks like a tank, not wheels!).  Today, we've gotten another 5-6 inches so far and I headed out while it was light out to do another pass.  Now I understand why he was so tired!  Holy cow that thing is a beast.  I'm sad to say that it's snowing even harder now that it was all day, and I think we're going to have to clear the driveway AGAIN!  Good thing tomorrow is Saturday.  I'm diggin' this house-sitting thing, but I don't think I'd want to live way out here all the time if it snows like this!


No comments:

Post a Comment